Saturday, July 4, 2009

26. A short summary of what to expect...

...on this site.

There are many excellent sites that are specifically for tying in biblical prophecy with current events, that subject often being 70-80% of such sites. Here, that'll be more like 20%, with 80% devoted to the scriptures.

The Future History blogsite will be concentrating upon discussing the scriptural basis for believing that the last days are coming soon, concept-by-concept, event-by-event, and scripture-by-scripture. Although some of the prophetic passages in the Bible are disputed even among similar-minded people, much of it is also basically agreed upon. The posts will often point out places of agreement and disagreement.

It is the conviction of the writer that the bible tells specifically about events that may begin within the next two to ten years. So believing that, we are called to warn and to be alert.

I have already published my outline for the book of Revelation, although as I said there, it is preliminary -- but I don't expect many changes to be made. So it is a tool you can already use if and when you begin to study the book for yourself, even though Revelation is not meant to be the total word on what is to come. My guess is that 60%-plus of what is included in End-Times prophecy lies outside of the book of Revelation.

Some postings will be at a Prophecy '101' level, and others at a '201' or '301' level (Greek syntax and all), although I doubt if I will be rating my posts in such a way for a generally unknown readership.

As stated before, soon I will post a basic outline of what is to come according to the Bible, and according to the pre-mill, pre-trib world view. More about that topic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment