Saturday, July 4, 2009

25. Clearing the Decks for Action

Alternatively, this could have been called "Clearing the Desk for Action".
I haven't been goofing around (since I haven't posted much in 6 days), but rather have been sorting out the wheat from the chaff in my life -- but mostly sorting it out in my garage and library.

Let me explain:
I have a library in the house of about 200 books.
I have a library in the garage of about 2000 books. (At one time, my friend Anthony Foster operated on the same principle -- the best in the house, the bulk in the garage.)
Plus, I had 4 days off over the July 4th holidaze.

So putting two and two together, I decided I would rework my books, resorting, rearranging, but mostly releasing and recirculating. Of those 2000 books, they are fairly evenly split between Christian and secular, and I wanted to get rid of about 300-400 or more of each.
My secular castaways usually go to Paperbacks Plus for cash.
My Christian candidates for recirculation always go to First Baptist of Dallas's Prison Ministry.
And plus, I would put all my 100 or so books about the Last Days, End times, Bible Prophecy, etc in one place in my library.

So, since it's 102 in the afternoon here in Dallas, I dress light, drink lots of water, mop my head and face regularly, and tear into it.

The result of three mornings of this? A lot straighter garage, books now shelved so I can see them, one section of shelves torn down !!, and 240 books in my trunk heading ASAP to Paperbacks Plus, and 120 books boxed for First Baptist, with many more to come.

There. I said it all in 140 characters, just like twitter.

I'm back to studying now, and soon I will post a few things.
May God bless your Independence Day holidays, and three cheers for the red, white, and blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment