Monday, October 26, 2009

85. The blogmeister is taking a sabbatical.

'
Sabbatical: any extended period of leave from one's customary work, esp. for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.
--------------
Yes, I could say Amen! to all of the above definition -- esp the "etc."

The "etc." includes (1) my wife having a much slower recovery from
4-toe surgery and from a recent bronchoscopy procedure than we would have hoped. And then, there are other impending issues, like (2) the holidaze, (3) preparing tax information which I need to file in early January, (4) preparing the house for new construction (adding a couple of rooms), and I'm ready for a sabbatical!

A personal observation: As I saw the things above rushing toward our family, it became less of a joy and more of a chore to study and prepare the posts, and where previously the posts came almost daily (more ideas than time to post them), now it is fewer ideas and almost no time to post them.

It may be that I will post things from time to time during my sabbatical. I cannot tell that from this point. So, if you have this blog as a favorite, please keep it on your list, and check in from time to time. AND, I will definitely answer all comments (since my email notifies me when you do so) during the interim.

And then there is this:

While we are waiting, most of the blog content here does not become less meaningful with age, but rather, more meaningful! If you start again at #1, you'll see new things that have now become more important (and perhaps more understandable) due to the speed of world happenings.

Thanks for your active interest, and continue those comments!
I hope to see you again here early in the new year.

May God grant to you grace, mercy and peace, until we meet here again.

Larry

5 comments:

  1. I will miss my lunch reading. Hope you and your wife are continually doing better. Your Friend in Christ Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile, this may give me a chance to catch up with reading your blog!
    Praying for grace for the Gotts,

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim and Anthony, thanks for your continued reading and commenting support. You can keep commenting too! My email tells me when anyone comments, and I'll continue to answer all comments.

    I THINK there is an option for YOU to receive an email notice whenever I comment about your comment. Wait. I'm getting dizzy.

    Anyway, you can activate that if you haven't already. See'ya here from time to time...

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larry,
    Thank you for giving a definiton to this place I've been at for the past couple months, away from my blog- "sabbatical". That describes it perfectly!! I've been seeking guidance, waiting for the words for my next post. I'm not flaking out. I PROMISE :) I need help from the Lord on how to organize all the information on the accuracy and reliability of the New Testament. While you're "gone" I'll read your posts!! Take care and God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kim. Glad to hear from you again! I found you were very eloquent in your posts. It may come naturally with you -- but as for me, it has to come almost supernaturally for me to be eloquent -- at least at first pass.

    It takes me multiple passes to complete a blogpost, often four or five. Even then, after it's published I tweak and tweak some more.

    So, when the time is right, you'll start again, naturally or supernaturally, and you'll be back in the blogging business. Soon, I hope -- but I can understand why if not soon.

    Finally, please feel free to comment. I get far too few comments -- of either the agreeable or disagreeable kind. Usually, I post both kinds.

    Best wishes, blessings, and grace to you.

    Larry

    ReplyDelete